- B.A., University of Georgia
- M.A., University of Mississippi
- Ph.D., University of Mississippi
- The South
- The history of ideas
- Race, ethnicity, and citizenship
- AMS 200: 100% Americanism: Nativism in American Culture and Politics
- AMS 203: Intro to Southern Studies
- AMS 204: Intro to Western Studies
- “Ole Miss’s New Deal: Building White Democracy at the University of Mississippi, 1933-1941,” Journal of Mississippi History, v. 81, nos. 3 & 4 (Fall/Winter 2019), 185-219.
- Jim Crow U: The Struggle to Build the Future at a Southern University
Red Barber, Campbell College, Cotton Gins, Desegregation of Public Colleges and Universities, Cleveland Donald, Ex parte Yerger, Exodusters, Volney E. Howard, Frank Kinard, Clennon King, Literacy and Illiteracy, Ruby Elizabeth Stutts Lyells, Charles McLaurin, Mississippi School for the Blind, Mississippi School for the Deaf, Phil Hardin Foundation, Emma Ody Pohl, School Consolidation Movement, Training Schools, and Urban Areas, The Mississippi Encyclopedia, Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 2017.