Skip to content
- B.A., Missouri Valley College
- M.A., Louisiana State University
- Ph.D., Louisiana State University
- The Great Depression
- Modern American society and culture
- The American West
- Sports in America
- Public art
- Confronting Modernity: Art and Society in Louisiana. Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 2008.
- “The Writing on the Wall: Mural Art in New Deal Louisiana.” Prospects: An Annual of American Cultural Studies 21 (1996): 327-45.
- “‘The Most Natural Expressions of Locality’: Ellsworth Woodward and The Newcomb Pottery.” In Bridging Southern Cultures: An Interdisciplinary Approach, edited by John Lowe, 133-53. Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 2011.
- “‘The Grandest Picture’: Lyle Saxon and the Problem of Aesthetic Localism in Thirties America.” In Pelican Eyes: Louisiana Culture and the Nation, edited by John Lowe. Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, forthcoming.
- “Gettysburg: A Battle Narrative.” In Gettysburg Contested: 150 Years of Preserving America’s Cherished Landscape, edited by Brian C. Black. Durham: University of North Carolina Press,2016.